Thursday, September 20, 2012

8 Things to Create More Accountability & Insure Enormous Success



As we are finally past the summer and that is when sometimes people get a bit laid back, it becomes super important for us to go back to the basics - especially for those of you that did kick it back a notch during the summer!  

One of those basics is holding ourselves accountable as well as using an accountability partner to help increase accountability.

I personally use the Power of One Daily discipline sheet to hold myself accountable.  There are eight other suggestions I have as well and I’ll give you those today:


What are the eight things you can do to create more accountability?


1.   Being accountable to your kids or spouse or significant other – or all of them!  They get rewards for holding you accountable. I.E. calls per day, calls per day = day trip or vacation.
2.   Start every hour at zero.  Start every day at zero.  You come out of the gate strong.  i.e. Starting a new project strong, fresh.
3.   Display a goal chart at home for the family to get involved.  Goal sessions with poster boards as well.  We did this with the kids when they were growing up and they are both super goal oriented and organized now.
4.   Pay your assistant (or someone else) if you don’t prospect, or do whatever it is you must do daily.  Let someone shadow you.  You will tend to perform better when someone is watching you.
5.   Pay a coach $500-$1000 or more per month to coach you.  Now, regardless of who your coach is – do you think you’ll be a little more accountable to them?  I have never NOT had a coach since 1995.  When my coach tells me to do something I not only do it but I report back and ask for constant feedback.  Do you think if I told you you could add 20%, 30% even 100% to your income this year and gave you a plan to do so you’d avoid doing those activities?  I tend to doubt it.  Coaching is by far THE MOST effective means for you to (a) hold yourself accountable and (b) break through to personal, income & mental levels you’ve never reached prior to now.  Punch line with this one:  the Network Marketing Profession offers that for FREE.
6.   Post your daily income goal.  I even suggest posting your hourly goal.  Everyone figures it a little differently depending upon how much time they plan to take off, etc..) but mine is approximately $1350/hour.  Do you think it helps me stay on task, stay focused and to work on my most high priority high payoff items?  You bet it does.  I have index cards with that hourly rate written on it at my office in RI, in my closet and in my pocket.



7.   Post your schedule and tell everyone about it.  Visual subconscious and built in accountability.  I have always circulated my schedule to my assistant and several of my partners.  It not only got them all thinking – wow – I need to do that (which helps everyone as a team be more productive), but it also helps me add – yet again – more accountability and accountability partners.
8. Accountability Partners.  you can have one for  your weekly goals, your monthly goals, reading goals - almost anything you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment