Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Eight things TO Create More Accountability

1. Be accountable to your kids or spouse or significant other – or all of them! They get rewards for holding you accountable. I.E. calls per day, calls per day = day trip or vacation.

2. Start every hour at zero. Start every day at zero. You come out of the gate strong. i.e. Starting a new project strong, fresh.

3. Display a goal chart at home for the family to get involved. Goal sessions with poster boards as well.

4. Pay your assistant (or someone else) if you don’t prospect, or do whatever it is you must do daily. Let someone shadow you. You will tend to perform better when someone is watching you.

5.Pay a coach monthly to coach you. When my coach tells me to do something I not only do it but I report back and ask for constant feedback. Do you think if I told you you could add 20%, 30% even 100% to your income this year and gave you a plan to do so you’d avoid doing those activities? I tend to doubt it. Coaching is by far THE MOST effective means for you to (a) hold yourself accountable and (b) break through to personal, income & mental levels you’ve never reached prior to now.

6.Post your daily income goal. I even suggest posting your hourly goal. Everyone figures it a little differently depending upon how much time they plan to take off but it helps you stay on task, stay focused and to work on the high priority high payoff items.

7.Post your schedule and tell everyone about it. Visual subconscious and built in accountability. I circulated my schedule to my assistant, my book keeper and several of my partners. It not only got them all thinking – wow – I need to do that (which helps everyone as a team be more productive), but it also helps me add – yet again – more accountability and accountability partners.

8.Accountability Partners. You can have one for your weekly goals your monthly reading goals, your daily prospecting goals, etc.


Practice Self Accountability with the Daily Discipline Chart:
Power of One

No comments:

Post a Comment