Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Who's on the Bus?

I love the book "Resolved" by Orrin Woodward and all it's Leadership lessons. 


I was flying home from Kayla's amazing National Championship and finished the book and, as is customary for me after finishing a great book, I went back through my markings to see what had gotten my attention the most.

There's a section in it titled Leadership Cultures and Freedom and it validated in a big way and put a big exclamation point on the move Kim and I recently made to another company inside the amazing profession of Network Marketing:

"Leadership cultures need freedom for leaders to blossom and grow.  Ironically...Most companies build their bureaucratic rules to manage the small percentage or wrong people on the bus, which in turn drives away the right people on the bus, which then increases the percentage of wrong people on the bus, which increases the need for more bureaucracy to compensate for the incompetence and lack of discipline, which then further drives the right people away, and so forth."

So obvious you would think!

Too many more lessons to mention here but grab the book regardless of your job, business or profession as it has amazing leadership lessons throughout.

1 comment:

  1. Chris, Thank you for the kinds words on the RESOLVED book. Keep leading brother! thanks, Orrin

    ReplyDelete