Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Stuck on Stupid


Seth Godin’s "Tribes” is a must read for all leaders, wanna be leaders, stuck entrepreneurs – everyone.  
 
His book is broken into small sections with hilarious, but effective titles:
Stuck on Stupid is one I loved:

My colleague Gil likes to quote U.S. Army LieutenantGeneral Russel Honore, pointing out that too many people get ‘stuck on stupid.’

I’m imagining that your colleagues aren't stupid.  But when the world changes, the rules change.  And if you insist on playing today’s games by yesterday’s rules, you’re stuck.  Stuck with a stupid strategy.  Because the world changed.

Some organizations are stuck.  Others move quickly.  In a changing world, who’s having more fun?”

My simple suggestion is to substitute “industry” or “profession” where you see world and do a gut check on where you are right now – whether that’s conventional business, job, profession, etc..  When Kim and I made a recent change inside the same profession I felt like we picked our head up from the sand and missed about 2 years of dramatic change.  Thankfully that happened as we’re not stuck on stupid now!

No comments:

Post a Comment